The importance of Database to businesses
In the present era, all the important enterprise applications, whether public, private or any other sector, use the database component. Databases have always been an attractive target for all hackers, targeted attacks against information theft, customer lists or confidential information of businesses and individuals. Cybercriminals can benefit by simply sabotaging the database while it’s executing or, even more advanced, by launching a cyberattack and taking away valuable data.
Currently in the world there are statistical reports on a series of attacks targeting customer information: Facebook, Apple, Gmail, Slack, ebay …, the threat of stalking the database system. include:
- Vulnerabilities, weaknesses
- Malicious code
- Operational policy has not been optimized
- The operating system still has many flaws
- The ability to react and detect attacks / threats in time.
Protecting the databases attached to valuable information resources of the business always needs to be on top, equivalent to protecting the reputation and reputation of the organization.
Security solution concept and composition for
Solution used to monitor the database management system – Database Management System (DBMS) and protect them from external and internal malicious agents even from attacks from between databases Whether.
Database Security includes the following components:
- Database Activity Monitoring – protects data from threats by monitoring database servers and alerting or preventing malicious behavior in real time, even while running on a virtual platform. or placed on the Cloud environment.
- Virtual Patching – Detects missing patches, takes action against each vulnerability in database and fixes misconfiguration errors found through vulnerability scan to improve security level of database system without downtime.
- Vulnerability Manager for Database – Automatically scans the database in the network, decides to execute if the last patch is applied or not, checks for vulnerabilities e.g. weak passwords, default account and common threats have the potential to harm the system. Allows scanning and discovery of internal data such as PII, PCI-DSS, SOX, HIPPA data
Advantages and benefits of the solution
Deploying Database Security brings the following advantages and benefits:
- Real-time protectio
- The ability to customize and optimize the data protection system, allowing automatic scanning, monitoring, security management for database systems.
- Unique centralized administration interface, combined with many other product lines.
- Detects and protects attacks and intrusions in real time without downtime or requiring testing.
Advantages of each ingredient:
- Includes more than 4700 scan / test patterns, including insecure PL / SQL code scans, quick password checks.
- Most of the new vulnerabilities were updated within 72 hours.
- Integrates with behavioral monitoring on the database to automatically prevent attacks and enforce automatic policy updates.
Database Activity Monitor:
- Deep analysis of the register layer, providing insight and protection against various types of attacks.
- Monitor external threats, internal threats, and complex threats inside a database.
- Minimize threats and instability by preventing attacks before they happen.
- Save time and money through simple, fast deployment that doesn’t cause downtime even when installing or updating.
- Integration with behavioral monitoring on database.
- Protection from known vulnerabilities and weaknesses without changing the configuration of the database or application.
- Vulnerability protection is implemented 48-72 hours after the vulnerability has been disclosed or a patch has been released by vendor.