Web Application Firewall
Email has always been a popular and easy way to attack a business because it is a bridge component to the network systems of partners and users of the business.
In recent years, the trend of attacking web applications is becoming more and more popular with attack techniques used such as cross-site scripting, SQL injection, CSRF … targeting the application layer in the OSI model. .
Web applications are an attractive target for hackers because they are often public applications that are required to open an Internet connection due to the web application providing e-commerce services and business tools. organization’s. These websites also connect to databases for the web, which is the perfect target for hackers because these databases are the main archive, containing information about cardholder data and data. company and other sensitive information.
Currently, many Firewall / IPS solutions also feature web application security, but these solutions have major weaknesses that lead to many inadequacies when used to replace specialized WAF solutions such as :
- 100% based on signatures
- Not built upon knowledge of how HTTP works, sessions, applications, users, inability to adjust when encountering false positives.
Most Web Application Firewall (WAF) solutions only support application learning (AL) to build their WAF profile to protect web application. This solution provides various application layer protection mechanisms such as cookie and header security, DDoS attack protection on application layer, credential stuffing, CSRF protection, … the device will learn based on user behavior. Usually, how to access URL and parameters, character type (Latin / numbers, etc.), number of characters, etc. to get information on each parameter, then it can restrict access based on the information it has learned.
A web application security firewall solution is introduced
Dedicated Web Application Firewall (WAF), multi-layered security, allows protection against application threats, known and unknown attacks, and zero-day attacks for businesses SMEs, large businesses to online service / application providers, and SaaS cloud service providers.
Web application firewall provides complete security for your external and internal web-based applications from OWASP’s Top 10 and many other threats. At the heart of FortiWeb’s design architecture is an AI-based detection tool that uses machine learning to identify anomalous requests and take action to protect applications from known and unknown threats. know.
Web application security through many filters:
- IP Reputation: implements to prevent connection with IPs identified as malicious sources
- DDoS Protection: protection against DDoS attacks on the application layer
- Protocol Validation – allows to block incorrect packets according to the HTTP format specified in the RFC documents published by the IETF
- Attack Signatures: perform attacks to prevent known attacks based on signatures
- AntiVirus / DLP: Performs blocking viruses and data leakage
- Integration with APT solution: Helps strengthen web system protection
- Advanced protections: protect against unknown attacks with machine learning
- Machine Learning: Applying machine learning technology to help detect attacks based on unusual access or bot access.
Web application security solution advantages:
High performance web application protection device:
- WAF is very efficient – protected WAF throughput can be up to 20Gbps
- Used with industry-leading protection with high-speed traffic encryption / decoding
- High accuracy in containment
- AI-based Machine Learning mode detects threats from unusual parameters with almost 100% accuracy
- Minimize false detection
- Machine learning virtually eliminates the need to manage daily policies and exceptions
- Integrate with malware analysis management components
- Provides expertise, experience, and protection with threat analysis and research
Utilize Sandbox to create and share threat information on the attack surface for a more proactive security posture
Log and information reporting to centralized management for a comprehensive security overview
INFORMATION SOLUTION DISTRIBUTOR: