What is SOAR?
SOAR, also known as a process that includes security coordination, automation and feedback; This is a solution that allows organizations, businesses or cybersecurity hubs to optimize their security operations within their systems and involve the following three key areas:
- Managing incidents,
- In response to the problem,
- Automate operations.
SOAR allows the aggregation of security solutions and security tools, allowing administrators to automatically collect data from any device, product or solution that is monitored by a suite. operations are secure and can identify problems and risks and provide responses to respective events, either automatically or manually.
Importance of SOAR
In the era of information technology developing strongly today, many organizations and businesses have to face more threats and risks. Their security system is constantly “overloaded” with alerts from many different sources.
In most organizations and enterprises, IT infrastructure evolves every day as a system changes, when a new server, tool or software is added. As a result, hundreds of technology products, security solutions from many different vendors were put into operation and all created a separate “security platform”.
In this case, security team personnel often face problems manually, security tools are not merged together, cumbersome manipulation, activity from decaying from many parts, not operating according to specific procedures, time consuming to detect, long processing, heavy damage, ineffective security productivity.
Therefore, it is necessary to invest in a solution that can improve and overcome the above problems, and SOAR that can solve it.
Some key features of SOAR
- Streamline and standardize processes, set up automation and coordination, or leverage the power of high-end platforms (eg MITRE ATT & CK, …)
- Collaborate with fully integrated security, automation and feedback.
- Ability to manage each network incident (Case Management), and support tools to create efficient workflow for administrators (Work-flow).
- Support to measure and report detection time, reaction time, confirmation time and investigation time (Mean-Time-To-Detect (MTTD), Mean-Time-To-Respond (MTTR), … )
- Centralized crash management, providing real-time updates to status of problems that are currently happening in the system (Active, Closed, …)
- Incorporates incident response, automatic or manual, for example, isolating end devices, blocking users, collecting computer data (in the case of malicious code, supporting kite data collection capabilities. check from suspicious end devices), block network access by combining with new generation firewalls, interrupt suspicious processes running on user devices,…
INFORMATION ABOUT SOLUTION PROVIDER: