DNS Security – Domain Name System
What is Domain name System? Effect of DNS on the network system?
DNS Security is an acronym in English for Domain Name System, is the domain name system invented in 1984 for the Internet, is a system that allows the corresponding establishment of IP address and domain name.
The domain name system consists of a series of databases (databases) containing its IP address and domain names. The DNS developed in the form of distributed databases. Each of these databases will manage a part of the DNS ..
With the nature of a query service with a distributed structure, with almost unlimited scalability, the DNS system was born with the main purpose of retrieving IP addresses from a domain name. Each Website has a name and an IP address. IP addresses consist of 4 groups of numbers separated by dots (IPv4). When you open a Web browser and enter the website name, the browser will go directly to the website without having to enter the site’s IP address.
The process of “translating” domain names into IP addresses for the browser to understand and access the website is the job of a DNS server. The DNS helps to translate “IP” address into “name” and vice versa. Users only need to remember “name”, no need to remember IP addresses (IP addresses are difficult to remember numbers).
Because DNS’s influence is extremely related to the network, there are many attacks aimed at this system. One of the most common types of attacks
- Spoofing master in syncing data between Domain name system servers.
- Spoofing master, spoofing update, …
- Redirect user DNS resolution to fake DNS: Man in middle attack.
- DNS Cache Poisoning: DNS Cache Poisoning or DNS Pharming
- Tampering or altering records in DNS.
The function of DNS Security solution
DNS security solution helps ensure and protect access to applications on the Cloud or in the intranet of users. The solution offers the following main features:
- Centralized administration on a single platform: Provide tools to monitor IP of devices, virtual machines and DNS server systems –
- DHCP throughout the intranet system or cloud applications.
- Comprehensive Domain name System protection: Identify DNS data spoofing attack through data content filter.
- Design, deploy and manage simple cross-platform DNS and DHCP server systems on unified knowledge
- Supports integration with 3rd parties through API to enhance system security.
INFORMATION SOLUTION DISTRIBUTOR: